Casual Events & Informal Weddings
I especially love casual event photography. I love gatherings that celebrate happy times with people who support and encourage each other. And most of all, I like taking pictures of those momentous occasions so that the love and connection can be remembered forever.
It can be any kind of casual event from a DuPage County Courthouse marriage to a backyard BBQ to a country club — I artfully document an informal wedding, anniversary, birthday, graduation, gathering, reunion, celebration, shower, rehearsal dinner, or family tradition.
Each casual event photography session includes 2 hours of coverage at any Chicagoland location (Additional hours can be added). Within 24 hours, I send out an image so you have something for social media and the entire gallery will be completed within 2 weeks. The final gallery includes 80+ images, unlimited digital downloads that can be shared, and printing rights up to an 5×7. The package also includes an 8×8 photobook that can be upgraded to an heirloom archival album.
Being part of the happiest moments in life is beautiful and rewarding and something I enjoy every single time! I swear that during the toasts, I mist up just as much as “their people”. Life can be complicated and hard but the best moments should be remembered forever.
Casual Event Reservations are Available Anywhere!
$200 Non-Refundable Deposit Reserves Date/Time/Pricing
$400 Balance Due 30 Days Before Event
- Casual Event Booking Fee Includes:
- 2 Hours at the event, anywhere in Chicagoland
- 80+ Images in the Final Gallery (delivered digitally within 2 weeks)
- Unlimited Digital Downloads and Full Printing Rights (up to 5×7)
- 8×8 Photobook of the Event
- Extra Options
- + $200 Each Additional Hour Scheduled and Prepaid at Booking
- + $250 Each Additional Hour Added at Event (based on availability)
- + $350 Unlimited Digital Downloads at Full Resolution (rather than up to 5×7)
- Photography permit fees not included in original price – quoted by location
- Professional Prints & Archival Photo-book Can Be Added After Viewing the Images
- Prints 8×10 and larger must be purchased for professional printing only
- Layout of Photo-book for Professional Printing Only
- Current Professional Print Pricing Can be Found on the FAQ Page
I love events and this process is pretty simple!
- Email or call to request a day/time/place for Kelcam to come to your event
- Pay $200 Non-Refundable Deposit via cc or via check dropped at my house
- Review the prep guide, complete the questionnaire, and designate a helper for me
- 30 Days Before Event, Pay $400 Balance of Invoice (& Additional Hours)
- I’ll arrive at the event a bit early to check out the venue
- I’ll hang around the event for 2 hours, taking pictures of people & groups
- A watermarked image will be emailed within 24 hours for social media posting
- Within 2 weeks, the edited session can be viewed & downloaded online
- Package includes unlimited 5×7 downloads of edited images
- Larger images available for purchase digitally or as professional prints
- DuPage County Courthouse weddings are wonderful! They are available on Fridays at
11:30am.I take pictures before the wedding, during the ceremony, and will stay for 2 hours, meaning, if there is time after, we can take pictures outside the courthouse or at a nearby park. I can talk you through the whole process.
- Please don’t get too stressed about having the perfect event! It is going to be great! and besides, when things don’t go perfectly, it makes for the best memories! Remember to breathe, relax, and embrace this experience. It is going to be so wonderful!
- A dedicated helper is AWESOME and will make your
imagesso much better! Ideally, I like someone behind the scenes with me to sort families, know names, and gather groups. Great job for a tweener or an introvert.
- Just before sunset is an excellent time for outdoor pictures. On the other end, indoor (or outdoor) pictures at night are rarely great, even for the great photographers. Consider scheduling me to come toward the earlier end of events for that reason… and because I like
sleepand turn into a vampire on some nights and a pumpkin others.
- Permit fees, travel expenses (if 30 minutes from Elmhurst), parking fees, location fees, additional photography time or editing are not included with the booking fee
- My photography style rarely, if ever, uses a flash. I find the images less natural and that it interferes with the moment in real life. I have the best low light camera and lenses on the market but I still may need to shoot at a higher ISO and large group pictures should be done outside if at all possible.
- Event photography is different than portrait photography. With portrait, the photographer gets to orchestrate a lovely background, ideal lighting, and make sure everyone looks perfect. With these events, I make the best of the area and the time we have. I avoid distractions when possible and try to utilize the best light without resorting to a flash, but these pictures are much more natural than portrait photography. I am focusing on the beautiful connection between people. I find the images more charming and meaningful.
- The session fee includes unlimited downloads of all images in the final gallery and printing rights up to a 5×7. Professional prints and an archival photo album can be added after viewing the images.
Please check out my full contract. There are no surprises but it is always a good idea to make sure expectations align and we are a good fit: https://www.kellyandhercamera.com/contract/
Thanks All! I'm Pretty Much Booked For 2020!
I can't wait to see people! When we are ready. But until then...
❤may we be safe ❤ may we be healthy ❤ may we be happy ❤ may we live with ease❤